Learn Massage on this short course run over 1 weekend
Saturday 07 and Sunday 08 September
9.30am – 4.30pm both days
Get hands on in this short course – Learn Massage!
Join us for a fun and informative course where you will learn Relaxation Massage techniques to help reduce stress.
Under the supervision of your qualified teacher Shelley Moana Hiha you will gain confidence, learn massage movements and short routines. Shelley Moana has been a tutor for Wellpark College’s faculty of Massage and Bodywork for many years and is also the lead massage therapist for the Sky City Breakers and Tall blacks basketballs teams.
This introductory Massage short course will give you the basics of relaxation massage covering
- equipment setup and use
- learning the foundation massage techniques of effleurage and petrissage.
Students will give and receive a range of massages with the aim that by the end of the weekend they will feel comfortable giving family members or friends a relaxation massage.
- small class sizes
- a calm and tranquil learning environment
- a wonderful teacher
- wonderful products from Tui Balms to try.
- great notes to take home with you.
Students need to be in good health to attend this course. Please contact us if you have questions.
What do you need to bring on the day?
- Please bring 2 large towels (bath sheet size)]
- Three smaller hand towels.
- You are welcome to bring a polar fleece blanket if you have one.
- Please bring your own linen – a sheet, pillow and a pillowcase.
- Please bring a bottle of water.
- Please bring your lunch – There will be a lunch break, there is a cafe on campus if you prefer.
- Feel free to bring a bolster if you have one and you would like to use it.
- Loose fitting clothes are a good idea so that you are comfortable throughout the session.
Please Like us on Facebook or sign up for our Newsletter (see below) to receive an update