Learn Massage on this short course run over 1 weekend
Saturday 16 and Sunday 19 November
9.30am – 4.30pm both days
Get hands on in this short course – Learn Massage!
Join us for a fun and informative course where you will learn Relaxation Massage techniques to help reduce stress.
Under the supervision of your qualified teacher Shelley Moana Hiha you will gain confidence, learn massage movements and short routines. Shelley Moana has been a Massage tutor for many years, as well as being the lead massage therapist for the Tall Blacks and Sky City Breakers. Shelley Moana has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.
This introductory Massage short course will give you the basics of relaxation massage covering
- equipment setup and use
- learning the foundation massage techniques of effleurage and petrissage.
Students will give and receive a range of massages with the aim that by the end of the weekend you feel comfortable giving family members or friends a relaxation massage.
- small class sizes
- a calm and tranquil learning environment
- a wonderful teacher
- all balms and waxes provided.
- great notes to take home with you.
Students need to be in good health to attend this course. Please contact us if you have questions.
What do you need to bring on the day?
- Please bring 2 large towels (bath sheet size)]
- Three smaller hand towels.
- You are welcome to bring a polar fleece blanket if you have one.
- Please bring your own linen – a sheet, pillow and a pillowcase.
- Please bring a bottle of water.
- Please bring your lunch – There will be a lunch break, there is a cafe on campus if you prefer.
- Feel free to bring a bolster if you have one and you would like to use it.
- Loose fitting clothes are a good idea so that you are comfortable throughout the session.
Please Like us on Facebook or sign up for our Newsletter (see below) to receive an update