Diploma in Nutrition
- Level 6, 240 Credits
- Full time for 2 years
- Online learning options available in Year 1 for Domestic students
- Commences February 2018
- All courses run subject to numbers
From the two years of study in the Diploma in Nutrition you will gain an understanding of various theories and approaches to nutrition.
You will gain a solid grounding in the health sciences including: human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, nutritional biochemistry, pathology patterns of disease, microbiology and health assessment.
You will also gain an understanding of Naturopathic nutrition, which will allow you to meet the needs of your clients from a holistic perspective.
During your second year of study, theory becomes integrated with clinical practice. You will gain confidence as you apply the principles you have learned, working with clients in a supervised clinical environment.
Some really interesting activities you get to do:
- Learn traditional Ayurvedic approach to food, food energetics
- Analyse recipes for nutritional qualities
- Participate in cooking workshops where the focus is on therapeutic foods
- Learn to manage your own clinical practice
- Work with real clients in a real clinical setting
- Learn medical sciences through interactive and hands on learning
Wellpark Graduates are always in demand, take a look at our job vacancy notice board when you come in.
- Private practise – nutrition consultant
- Health food industry
- Food & Drink industry
- Food Blogger
- Medical Center
- Public sector
Contact us to make a time to meet with our Enrolment Advisor to discuss if the Diploma is the right course for you.