Diploma in Therapeutic Massage
- Level 6, 191 Credits
- Full time for 18 months
- (6 months Certificate in Relaxation Massage and 1 Year Diploma in Therapeutic Massage)
- Starts July 2017
- All courses run subject to numbers
The first semester follows the Certificate programme. In the second and third semesters you will learn about the working of the body’s systems in physiology and gain an understanding of physical conditions, causation, symptoms and the effect on the body as well as treatment approaches for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of anatomy, pathology and physiology, plus a range of assessment techniques to determine specific treatment approaches. A range of specialised therapies are introduced, and may be incorporated into the remedial massage session, including lymphatic drainage, sports massage, fascial release, neuromuscular techniques, articular mobilisation, acupressure and an introduction to cranial aspects. Theoretical knowledge is incorporated into weekly clinical practice sessions which underscore the entire curriculum.
Graduates of the programme are eligible to apply for membership with Massage New Zealand. The Wellpark Diploma of Therapeutic Massage is approved by the Australian Natural Therapists Association and the State Medical Board of Ohio, USA and the Association of Massage Therapists and Wholistic Practitoners (AMTWP) (Canada).
The Wellpark Diploma of Therapeutic Massage will provide you with the skills and experience to embark on a variety of rewarding careers.
- Private practice
- Working with other professionals such as medical doctors, midwives, osteopaths, physiotherapists or acupuncturists
- Fitness centres, spas, resorts, cruise ships, hotels
- Rest homes, rehabilitation centres, hospices and hospitals
- Mobile massage
- On-site corporate massage
- Community education
- Teaching, post-graduate studies
- As part of a team in a natural therapies clinic.