Diploma in Wellness & Relaxation Massage
- Level 5, 120 Credits
- Full time for 12 Months
- Commences July 2018 (Subject to NZQA approval)
- All courses run subject to numbers
NEW FOR July 2018 THE 1 YEAR DIPLOMA IN WELLNESS & RELAXATION MASSAGE
NZQA Approved (Note: Our Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage is currently undergoing accreditation process to gain NZQA approval, but we are taking expressions of interest and interviewing for this course)
The 12- month Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage taught at Wellpark College provides a sound foundation of how to provide a high-quality relaxation massage tailored to the needs of a diverse range of clients. You are introduced to the principles of professional touch and communication, and how massage can be used to support a person’s well being in a safe and ethical way.
What will you learn:
- A range of Swedish massage techniques.
- Additional techniques to enhance relaxation and to relief stress and muscle tension.
- Specific integrated applications including:
- Hot stone therapy,
- Pregnancy and infant massage,
- Chair/ corporate massage.
Your Massage Course will also cover:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Mind-body concepts and Well being
- Holistic Care
- Clinical Massage Practice
- Communication Skills
- Research Skills
We will teach you how to establish and manage your own practice,
Clinical Practice at our Prema Clinic.
Apply your newly learnt skills in a supervised clinical setting at our student clinic, The Prema Clinic. You will also be given the opportunity to participate in community events. Working with real clients ensures that you graduate with confidence and ready to start your exciting career in Massage.
This new qualification equips you with a comprehensive understanding of your role as a relaxation massage therapist addressing health and wellbeing whilst demonstrating professionalism. Upon successful completion of your course, you will qualify for acceptance into NZ’s professional body of Massage Therapy- Massage New Zealand. Massage New Zealand
Why study with us:
- Blended Delivery mode, most courses are conducted face to face, but there is also the option of some papers being studied online. (Domestic Students Only)
- Whilst the course provides ample opportunity of hands-on practice, you will also gain knowledge about the human body (anatomy and physiology), Wellness concepts, evidence-based practice and how to apply this in your clinic practice.
- Academic and learning support is continuously available.
- We belief in building good rapports with students and we offer great pastoral care services.
- Our teachers are passionate to impart their knowledge in an engaging, diverse and interactive classroom environment
- Wellpark fosters and practices the principles of holistic health, meaning that your experience will also include self-development, meeting like-minded people and being immersed amongst other natural health modalities
Why Wellpark College – Our points of difference
Mixed mode Delivery
The Programme is delivered both on-campus and through distance learning. Practical courses are taught on-campus. Blended delivery at Wellpark College provides the following advantages:
- All students follow a similar learning pathway.
- An increased flexibility for students’ pace of learning, without losing individual tutor support.
- Flipped classrooms mean that students can access a variety of learning materials online and prepare prior to coming into the session, allowing them some autonomy and effective use of classroom time
- Class time can be tailored to students’ learning needs and accommodates a range of engaging and interactive learning styles
- Reduced travel stresses – some sessions can be learnt by distance (e.g. at home)
Graduates of this diploma will be qualified to work as wellness and relaxation massage therapists in a broad range of wellness and relaxation massage settings.
- Home-based massage therapy
- Mobile clinics
- Community based massage therapy clinics
- Multi-disciplinary clinics
- Sports settings (non-injury work)
- Spa based massage therapy clinics
Higher-level learning pathway: This qualification also meets the requirements to continue with the Diploma in remedial massage (Level 6)
LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Make an appointment today to talk to or Skype with our Enrolment Advisor to find out more about this qualification.