Why choose to study for a Qualification in Massage Therapy?
You will be joining an already successful sector of the health and wellness Industry, 6675 – 11856 people are already employed within this sector in New Zealand, with Massage Therapy providing the second largest employment pathway after Physiotherapy.
Whether you are a school leaver looking to enter the wellness and health industry, an existing health professional wanting to expand your scope of practice and up-skill or if you are just looking for a career change and more flexible working hours then Wellpark College’s Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage is a great foundation course designed to equip you with knowledge and confidence.
You will be taught by first class tutors who are both teachers and practitioners. You will spend time in the classroom, but also in our purpose-built student clinic, seeing real clients under supervision. We want you to graduate with confidence, being comfortable with client interaction and understanding how to run your own practice or be ready to gain employment within the industry.
Wellpark College offers a tranquil learning environment, our campus is set in 19 acres of native bush and gardens, but we are still within walking distance of public transport hubs, the Westfield shopping mall in Albany and close to local shops and cafes.
We offer new, modern classrooms, a holistic learning environment and the opportunity to network with students studying a range of Natural health subjects from Naturopathy to Yoga teacher training. You will be studying alongside people who think and feel the same as you do about Natural Health and Medicine.
We are a Category 1 education provider and our qualifications are NZQA accredited which means
- You can apply for a Study link Loan.
- You may be eligible to apply for Fees Free.
- You can trust us to deliver both practical and theoretical knowledge that will ensure you graduate job ready.
- Our qualification is recognised by Massage New Zealand.
- We welcome International students.
What career options are available to you?
Wellpark College graduates are in high demand with 9 out of 10 students now working within the health and wellness industry. A qualification in Massage can lead to many job opportunities and we would love to help you achieve your career goals.
Upon graduation you may choose to:
- Set up your own practice and work your own hours.
- Seek a job with an existing health and wellness practice and concentrate on rehabilitation and recovery.
- Work for a Spa and concentrate on relaxation and wellbeing.
- Work with a gym or sports team and concentrate on performance.
- Work within the corporate sector and concentrate on stress reduction and productivity.
- Work on a cruise ship or for a hotel chain and travel the world.
- Work within the maternity sector and concentrate on pregnancy and infant massage.
- You may even choose to keep studying and work towards a higher qualification.