WELLPARK ONLINE LEARNING
Learning to suit you
Online Learning at Wellpark College offers a combination of Live Online and Face 2 Face study.
Anyone with Internet access can now study off-campus live online and attend scheduled block course on campus.
In 2020 you will be able to study
- Years 1 & 2 of the 3 year Bachelor of Naturopathic and Herbal Medicine – Distance Learning (Live classroom streaming and attending block courses on campus)
- Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage – Blended Learning, a mix of online and face to face study.
**If you study for your Bachelor of Naturopathic and Herbal Medicine you will need to complete your final year on campus to gain the practical clinical experience you need to be a confident, safe practitioner.
Bachelor of Naturopathic and Herbal Medicine
- You can learn from your own home at a time that suits you – you can either participate in a live virtual classroom session or attend the class in person.
- Your practical learning sessions will be run at the college in Albany during 1-2 week block courses throughout the year.
- You can live outside of Auckland and travel up/down for the block courses – we can advise you on accommodation options in the area
- You will still receive the world-famous Wellpark Learning Experience – we will be in touch with you on a regular basis and we are always here to help you. You will see your tutors live in the classroom and participate in frequent lively discussions and Q&A forums with your tutor(s) and other classmates, making lifelong connections with like-minded individuals throughout your time on the Programme
Click to book a casual Skype chat with our Admissions team and find out if Online Learning is right for you, email@example.com
Read through some of the more frequently asked questions below.
If you choose full-time study to allow 40 hours a week for both webinars and self-directed study.
A laptop or tablet, a webcam, speakers, headphones and access to WIFI.
Yes you can study Part time for your Bachelor of Naturopathic, which will require 40 hours a week for both webinars and self-directed study and 20 hours a week part-time.
No, Online learning requires the same commitment as attending a face-to-face course.
The time you need to commit to study full time is 40 hours a week for both webinars and self-directed study. If you feel you have the energy and time outside of this we recommend not having a job of more than 10 hours a week.
We will consider cross-crediting for online learning programme. Please be aware that all learning outcomes would need to be covered in the courses you wish to cross credit. For more information please see the Cross-crediting/RPL form: Credit-Transfer Form
No, the block courses are pre-set and compulsory to attend. If you don’t attend these courses you will not pass the qualification, no exceptions. The block courses cannot be taken out of order as they each cover different things The Block course dates for 2019 are ;
Once enrolled we will supply you with a list of required books and materials and suggested places to source these from. These are purchased outside of the fees at the student’s expense.
Tutors are available via email contact. See student handbook for details.
Written assignments will be submitted online through Moodle, our online learning support system. Theory and Practical tests and exams will be sat during block courses.
No the third year of the Bachelor of Naturopathic & Herbal Medicine must be done on campus and at our student clinic in Albany, Auckland, which includes the clinical programme. The learning that takes place during these supervised clinical sessions will ensure that you graduate with confidence and that you are ready to consult or even set up your own practice. This means being in Auckland for at least three full days of face to face classes a week.
Requests can be submitted to the librarian, books will be sent via courier with a return courier slip included to return the books.
We will add you to closed Facebook groups for discussion/networking purposes. We will also be pairing up Online learning students for support.