Diploma in Wellness & Relaxation Massage
- Level 5, 120 Credits
- Full time for 12 Months
- Part time 3 years
- Commences February 2019
- Blended Delivery (on campus & online study)
- All courses run subject to numbers
The 12- month Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage taught at Wellpark College provides a sound foundation of how to provide a high-quality relaxation massage tailored to the needs of a diverse range of clients. You are introduced to the principles of professional touch and communication, and how massage can be used to support a person’s well being in a safe and ethical way.
This qualification equips you with a comprehensive understanding of your role as a relaxation massage therapist addressing health and wellbeing whilst demonstrating professionalism. Upon successful completion of your course, you will qualify for acceptance into NZ’s professional body of Massage Therapy, Massage New Zealand (MNZ)
What will you learn:
- A range of massage techniques.
- Additional techniques to enhance relaxation and wellbeing as well as to relieve stress and muscle tension.
- Specific integrated applications including:
- Hot stone therapy,
- Pregnancy massage,
- Sports massage
- Chair/ corporate message.
Your Massage Course will also cover:
- Anatomy & Physiology – What is a body made of and how does it work
- Communication Skills – How to establish rapport and a professional relationship with your clients
- Wellness Theory & Practice – Including mind-body concepts and holistic care.
- Critical thinking skills
- How to establish and manage your own practice & supervised clinics
We will teach you how to establish and manage your own practice,
Clinical Practice at our Prema Clinic.
Apply your newly learnt skills in a supervised clinical setting at our student clinic, The Prema Clinic. You will also be given the opportunity to participate in community events. Working with real clients ensures that you graduate with confidence and ready to start your exciting career in Massage.
What does Blended Delivery mean at Wellpark College?
- All practical courses are delivered face-to-face in the classroom
- It follows a structured learning pathway that allows some flexibility to where, when and how to study online components
- Scheduled online sessions and activities are provided through our Learning Management System Moodle and are easy to navigate
- Technology is utilised to enhance active and effective engagement in learning
- Classroom time is orientated at learners’ needs and accommodates a range of engaging and interactive learning styles
- Ongoing access to IT support and study resources is available
We belief in building good rapports with students by offering
- Individual pastoral care services
- Library facilities
- Regular support to build academic skills
- Access to external free counselling
- Academic and l;earning support is continuously available
Graduates of this diploma will be qualified to work as wellness and relaxation massage therapists in a broad range of wellness and relaxation massage settings.
- Home-based massage therapy
- Mobile clinics
- Community based massage therapy clinics
- Multi-disciplinary clinics
- Sports settings (non-injury work)
- Spa based massage therapy clinics
Make an appointment today to talk to or Skype with our Enrolment Advisor to find out more about this qualification.